Who can Walk?
- Be 13 yrs or over. Ages 13-17 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to provide written consent
- Weigh more than 75 lbs/34 kgs and less than 310 lbs/140 kgs
- Be in good physical health, have full body control and hand-eye foot coordination and be able to walk independently (without walking aids or medical devices)
You may not participate in the EdgeWalk if:
- Have broken bones
- Have undergone surgery in the last 6 months or are experiencing ongoing symptoms
- Have experienced a seizure in the past 6 months and do not hold a driver’s licence for this reason
- Have chest pain or shortness of breath
- Under the influence of any drug (legal or illegal) or alcohol
The following conditions may impact the ability to Walk safely:
- All heart conditions (including high blood pressure)
- All respiratory conditions
- Missing or partly missing limbs (prosthetics are not permitted)
- Vertigo, dizziness or loss of balance
- Visual impairment (except those wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses)
Prior to participating in EdgeWalk, Walkers will be subject to:
- Screenings for narcotics, explosives and alcohol consumption
- Metal detection and physical pat down to remove all fall hazards
- The only allowable personal article (other than clothing) on the EdgeWalk are eyeglasses
Is EdgeWalk safe?Safety is always a priority at the CN Tower, and was considered thoroughly in all aspects of the design and operation of EdgeWalk. As a tall building with communications functions, the CN Tower conducts regular measurements of its radiofrequency energy to ensure that we are performing within federal guidelines for the safety of all participants. EdgeWalk exceeds safety standards in all areas.
What should I wear during my Walk?A special Walk suit will be provided that is worn over top of your clothing, hats, glove and jackets will be provided according to weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
Can I wear glasses or sunglasses?Yes. A lanyard will be provided to secure your glasses.
What kind of shoes should I wear?Fully enclosed athletic footwear such as running shoes with laces (not Velcro fasteners) must be worn to provide proper support and grip. Nonslip rubber soled enclosed shoes will be provided if appropriate footwear is not worn.
Can I take a camera or video camera?For the safety of all Walkers, personal items are not permitted on the Walk. Lockers are provided to store personal belongings. Walk leaders are equipped with digital cameras and all Walkers receive a complimentary video and printed photo of their experience.
Can I bring medication on the Walk?No. Essential medication may be taken before or after the walk and must be stored in lockers provided for personal belongings.
Can I change my booking?EdgeWalk tickets are for a specific time and date and are a non-refundable purchase. Changes to the date and/or time of a reservation are permitted up to 72 hours before the Walk, subject to availability, for a full credit for a future EdgeWalk for up to 12 months.
What are the operating conditions of EdgeWalk?The EdgeWalk at the CN Tower will operate seasonally in all weather except for electrical storms, high winds or other extreme weather conditions. Varying weather conditions will make the EdgeWalk experience more unique.
Where does EdgeWalk start and finish?The EdgeWalk experience begins on the ground level of the CN Tower at base camp. Once in the CN Tower’s main entrance, signage will direct Walkers through the retail store to the EdgeWalk entrance. The Walk itself starts and ends on the south side of the main Tower pod, above 360 Restaurant.
For a full list of terms and conditions click here